Methodist answer to Girl Scouts, 1912-43. Creed: “Happiness is the hem of life.”
- He Cared A Lot
- Limits to Monk Chins
- The Dynamite Drinks of Alfred Nobel
- Would You like a Lake with That?
- USDA Hail and Corn Kernel Sizes
- How Tall Was Paul Bunyan?
- The Hound of the Grossglöckner
- Rejected Stage Names
- Collective Nouns of Office Supplies
- Brezhnev and ‘Bringing Up Baby’
- Bubbles Don’t Really Rise
- The Wild and Hyperbolic West
- The Last Words Lincoln Heard
- Alternative Martinis
- Nikita Khrushchev’s Shoe
- Origins of the Male Midlife Crisis
- Sartre’s Sitcom
- Hooray for Hollywoof
- Agatha Christie’s Weapons
- 4 Words the Same in Every Language
- A Dutch Fact To Make You Sad
- A Household Tip
- Christmas Around the World!
- Getting the 33rd Degree
- DeMille’s Secret
- What Makes a Baseball?
- A Secret History of ‘Casablanca’
- Where We Get Tupperware
- The Parachuting Mice of Hawaii