On this day in 1862, Union forces captured Memphis. The strategy was to destroy the Confederacy by cutting off its supply of country music. The South persevered, however, by adapting Mozart to the banjo.
- The Coon-Tiki
- Tipping Trivia
- Our Salad Days Behind Us?
- The Hermaphrodite in Chief
- Benjamin Franklin’s 7 Reasons Why Small-Breasted Women Are Superior
- Sinatra’s Clever Fiduciary Commode
- For Sparkling Clean Birds
- Who was the Real FDR?
- Don Knotts’ near Miss with ‘Psycho’
- The Birthing Habits of Whales
- Bozo’s Real Name
- The Father of the Allen Wrench
- HIMYM Trivia
- Myths and Nuts
- Both Natty and Kool
- Our Nuclear-Powered Coffee
- The Only Actor to Win Five Consecutive Oscars
- Eleanor Roosevelt Pitches In
- Dog Names Banned by the AKC
- Lord Nelson’s Inch-Perfect Pole
- Wolfman Jack’s Real Name
- Anniversary Ice Creams
- The Depression’s Most Depressing Songs
- Was Coolidge Really President for Those 3 Days?
- Early Pencil Innovation
- Lou Gehrig’s Popped Fly
- Perry’s ‘Tough Love’ Legacy
- From Nutcrackers to Kings
- Paula Abdul’s Secret Geeky Hobby