- In Oberlin, Kansas, by law, you must pray to Zeus before repairing a crack in a public sidewalk.
- Cats must salute the state flag in Denver, Colorado.
- Tartar sauce is mandatory in Gearhart, Oregon.
- It is legal to wallop a policeman with a salami on Sunday in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Mister Universe contestants must be addressed as “Honey-Lamb” in Lansing, Michigan.
- In Adelaide, Australia, a chicken’s neck must be wrung counter-clockwise (aka “widdershins”).
- Grocery store clerks must address you as “Your Excellency” in Bellingham, Washington.
- Sharks are legally classified as “a kind of trout” in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Dogs must be on a leash and dressed as tiny clowns in Roanake, Virginia.
- Singing the chorus of “I’ll Take You Home Again, Kathleen” and then shouting “one more time!” while recounting a funny Star Trek episode to friends is illegal within the city limits of Pasadena, California.
- Police officers must dance a jig after issuing a speeding ticket in Oberlin, Kansas.
- Topiari is punishable by death in El Paso, Texas.
- While shaving with mentholated shaving cream you must also smoke a menthol cigarette in Owensboro, Kentucky.